Monday, May 24, 2010

Zurich

It has been such a busy few weeks that it has been so nice to just relax and not really do much of anything while we are in Zurich.
We had a long plane ride from dar es salaam to Zurich but I slept most of the way. It was an over night flight so I was tired anyways but I never sleep well on planes. We arrived at about 6:30 am I think, said all of our goodbyes then ventured on way to find the hostel. We managed to get though customs, and went through the line that was for people who didn't have anything to declare. Luckly we were not picked for a random check. I'm not going to take my chances going into Canada doing that though! We got a train ticket for 6.20 franks and about 10 minutes later we were at getting off the train, not knowing where to to next. We ended up not being too far away but the small, windy cobble stone roads are tricky to navigate through when you don't know your way around. By the time we found the place it was about 8:30 and we couldn't check in till 3:00 so we just walked around and got some groceries and had a feast of familier food!
Before this trip I had never stayed in a hostel before but now I think I will only stay in them when I'm traveling. They are cheap, you have everything you need and you meet so many cool people. So far I've made some friends from British Columbia, Calgary, seattle, pensylvia, Ireland, a whole bunch from Germany and some random guys from here who were walking around yesterday with a sign that said free hugs.
Because yesterday was sunday and today is a holiday, almost everything has been closed. Good thing, just keeps me from spending money! We have just been relaxing and walking around. We hung out on the roof top of our padio which is pretty cool. From there you can see the largest clock face in all of Europe - which is across the river! Pretty cool. Lake Zurich looks sweet at night. Last night we hung out on a dock with some of our new friends, sharing traveling stories and giving advice. I cant wait till my next trip.
Well Lindsay and I are off to find a place that can serve us some food. Hopefully something is open!

1 comment:

  1. Hey kiddo, sounds like alot of fun

    like i said be safe see you when you get home.


    Uncle John & the gang

    ReplyDelete